for 8 persons
- Preheat the oven to 180°C top and bottom heat.
- Cover the bottom of a 20 cm springform pan with baking paper.
- Bring 100 ml almond drink to the boil in a saucepan and remove from the heat. Melt the margarine and the finely chopped couverture.
- Add the marzipan, sugar, vanilla sugar and PLANT B Egg as well as the remaining 200 ml almond drink and mix everything thoroughly.
- Add 30 g cocoa with 250 g wheat flour and 1 sachet baking powder to the mixed ingredients. Add to the ingredients.
- Pour the mixture into the springform pan and bake for approx. 40-50 minutes.
- Very important: Do a chopstick test.
- Leave the cake base to rest for a day.
- The next day, remove the base from the springform pan and cut through once.
- Briefly bring the apricot jam to the boil in a saucepan. Spread two thirds of it on the bottom layer and place the second layer on top. Spread the remaining jam on top and around the edges.
- Bring the vegan cream to the boil in a saucepan and remove from the heat.
- Dissolve the chopped chocolate in the cream.
- Place the base on a wire rack and spread the chocolate icing evenly.
- Leave the cake to cool and decorate.