for 1 banana bread persons
- Preheat the oven to 190°C. Line a cake tin with baking paper.
- Mix the flour, baking soda and salt in a bowl.
- Mix the caster sugar, vegetable butter and gingerbread spices in another bowl with a hand mixer until well blended. Add the PLANT B Egg and mix for 2 minutes.
- Fold the mashed bananas into the butter mixture. Then fold the flour mixture into the batter in parts. Finally, fold the walnuts into the batter.
- Spoon the batter into the cake tin and smooth the top with the back of a spoon. Place the halved banana on the banana bread and push it slightly into the batter.
- Bake the banana bread in the oven for 60 - 70 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean and dry from the center of the banana bread.
- Let the banana bread cool in the cake tin for at least 30 minutes. Then cut it into thick slices.